What's new

August 20:Big Match Turkey&Germany-Enes Kanter&Dirk Nowitzki match is starting now:) live Link here

You shouldnt look from the aspect that who is PF who is C, you should try to see who is the best couple together. Favors and Kanter have much more complementary skills than JV and Favors. JV would be a better fit to Big Al than Kanter but not to Favors.
If you really wanna make it clear who is PF and C, i would say, Favors looks like a more C than PF while Kanter vice versa

Favors is true PF, he is way to small to play center, thus paring him with true 7ft center would be better then with the same size Kanter who as you agree to say is better suited to play PF as well. Two PF or PF and true C? On offense I agree that matchups could work but on defense it would be nightmare. Jazz already played two PF's in Okur and Boozer on defense and it was bad experience defensively.

Extended Highlights VS Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mV-J9taNDE&feature=feedu

Points Summary

- 2pts: Nice dribble/drive for lay up
- 2pts: Nice one-on-one hook shot
- FT 2/2: Quick up & under move inside & drew foul
- 2pts: Base line - catch & shoot jumper (+1 inside/outside game)
- FT 1/2: Offensive Rebound/Put back attempt & drew foul
- FT 2/2: Backing down attempt & drew foul
- FT 1/2: Strong dribble/drive attempt & drew foul

Total: 12 Points

Conclusion: I'm glad we drafted him.

well, before the draft I was thinking it was way to much for him. I think at best he is poor mans big AL. Solid rebounder, but I do not see him as 20/10 player as some fans imagining.

Probably true for the next season. Kanter has way more mobility than Big Al has ever shown and the motor to use it. I think he will be a very different player than Big Al in a couple of years.

Favors is true PF, he is way to small to play center, thus paring him with true 7ft center would be better then with the same size Kanter who as you agree to say is better suited to play PF as well. Two PF or PF and true C? On offense I agree that matchups could work but on defense it would be nightmare. Jazz already played two PF's in Okur and Boozer on defense and it was bad experience defensively.

I tend to agree with the other posters who have said that Kanter/Favors > JV/Favors. Offensively I think they compliment each other better as Kanter looks to be able to have a solid midrange game which looks like could be extended to about 20ft out. On defense, I'm not sure JV would provide a ton more than Kanter. Given that the "offensive center" appears to be a thing of the past in the NBA, I think being a more mobile big that knows how to rotate properly can do just fine defensively. Al for instance does just fine man-to-man, but gets destroyed trying to rotate. I think JV is ahead of Kanter in this area right now, but watching Enes these past few games I think he's more than capable of being a very solid "team-defender". Kanter & Favors may be undersized trying to guard some big 5's, but who's a big 5 that you'd be scared of on the offensive end?

Who can't score outside of 5 ft. He scores a lot because he's a specimen that can jump higher than every other big in the league.

Their are plenty of other bigs who can jump high who aren't 1/10th of Howard (DeAndre Jordan, Javalee McGee,Tyson Chandler).

Their are plenty of other bigs who can jump high who aren't 1/10th of Howard (DeAndre Jordan, Javalee McGee,Tyson Chandler).

Because none are as powerful or as athletic. Howard as a physical specimen is just too much to handle, he doesn't hurt you with his skill-level.

If Dwight Howard is the biggest scoring threat at the 5 in the league, then the Jazz will be fine playing Kanter or Favors there depending on the matchup.

Because none are as powerful or as athletic. Howard as a physical specimen is just too much to handle, he doesn't hurt you with his skill-level.

If Dwight Howard is the biggest scoring threat at the 5 in the league, then the Jazz will be fine playing Kanter or Favors there depending on the matchup.

Repped for basically saying what I wanted to say, only better.

I tend to agree with the other posters who have said that Kanter/Favors > JV/Favors. Offensively I think they compliment each other better as Kanter looks to be able to have a solid midrange game which looks like could be extended to about 20ft out. On defense, I'm not sure JV would provide a ton more than Kanter. Given that the "offensive center" appears to be a thing of the past in the NBA, I think being a more mobile big that knows how to rotate properly can do just fine defensively. Al for instance does just fine man-to-man, but gets destroyed trying to rotate. I think JV is ahead of Kanter in this area right now, but watching Enes these past few games I think he's more than capable of being a very solid "team-defender". Kanter & Favors may be undersized trying to guard some big 5's, but who's a big 5 that you'd be scared of on the offensive end?

Do you think Favors and Kanter would do better controling the paint then Okur and Boozer did? Because it is not big fives who were hurting us most but guards and wings who were penetrating in the paint and were meating zero resistance from our bigs as none of them had any shot blocking or help defense ability. I do believe Favors showed us some promise in that area but Kanter did not and there is no hope he will develop any shot blocking or above the rim defending ability. So far what I have seen in Kanters game he was slow to rotate and help during guard and wing penetration and reminded me Boozer a lot in those situations - I am not talking one on one defense I am speaking about help defense and protecting the rim. What Kanter seems to be capable of learning and maybe implementing in his game is Varejao/J.Collins type defense - move quick in position and take charge. Anyway it is just guessing game and with no season possibly it may take another year when we can check if our theories work in real game situation.

So far what I have seen in Kanters game he was slow to rotate and help during guard and wing penetration and reminded me Boozer a lot in those situations
He wasn't slow to rotate at all against Germany and Belgium. I thought he did a very good job, actually. Additionally, he's a hell of a lot better (again, I've only watched two games) in transition (defense) than Boozer or Memo, who were both atrocious.

For me a true PF should have more dominant offensive skills than defense, Favors looks like a better C than a PF for me. I dont think it would be a nightmare on defense comparing to Boozer and Okur, because they are two very soft players. But Kanter and Favors are tough as hell. Indeed, i think that JV and Favors pair could be a offensive nightmare.

Do you think Favors and Kanter would do better controling the paint then Okur and Boozer did? Because it is not big fives who were hurting us most but guards and wings who were penetrating in the paint and were meating zero resistance from our bigs as none of them had any shot blocking or help defense ability. I do believe Favors showed us some promise in that area but Kanter did not and there is no hope he will develop any shot blocking or above the rim defending ability. So far what I have seen in Kanters game he was slow to rotate and help during guard and wing penetration and reminded me Boozer a lot in those situations - I am not talking one on one defense I am speaking about help defense and protecting the rim. What Kanter seems to be capable of learning and maybe implementing in his game is Varejao/J.Collins type defense - move quick in position and take charge. Anyway it is just guessing game and with no season possibly it may take another year when we can check if our theories work in real game situation.

Maybe I'm the only here who thought this, and maybe I should take off my Jazz goggles, but besides the first game I thought Kanter looked much quicker than I anticipated. I think Kanter can easily be a better help defender than both Boozer and Okur. I agree with you that he'll never be an "above the rim" defender, but Favors could be. So to answer your question, yes I think Favors and Kanter could do a better job defending the paint than Boozer/Okur.

Ya, Favors has the length and athleticism to be a nightmare from the weak side. Kanter should be fairly immovable defending in the post. It's a good combo, based on physical attributes alone. A little more length would be nice, but they're not nearly as small as some seem to think (Favors has a 9'2'' standing reach, Kanter has a 9'1.5'' standing reach...which in tandem is actually pretty damn good).

I dont think it would be a nightmare on defense comparing to Boozer and Okur, because they are two very soft players. But Kanter and Favors are tough as hell. Indeed, i think that JV and Favors pair could be a offensive nightmare.

Well, it needs to be seen if they are tough as hell as I certainly did not see much toughness so far. Please explain why would you think JV and Favors would be offensive nightmare?

akmvp is a Kanter hater.he wanted the jazz to pick Valanciunis and was saying Kanter would be a bust.now that the jazz have picked Kanter he has been on other sites ripping Kanter and bragging up JV at every turn.if you want to get in a never ending backandforth just tell him that Kanter is better than JV.