What's new

Coronavirus

We have a bunch of states, including my own, who stockpiled the drug basically upon Trump's say-so. We are sheep.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/21/utah-buys-hydroxychloroquine-despite-doctors-warni/

"SALT LAKE CITY — Utah will buy 200,000 treatments of malaria drugs widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus despite warnings from doctors that the medications shouldn’t be used until more testing is done, state officials said Tuesday.

The state will purchase the treatments that include hydroxychloroquine from a Utah-based compounding pharmacy called Meds in Motion, said Tom Hudachko, Utah Department of Health spokesman. The company, which that has been promoting use of the drugs along with several Republican state lawmakers since mid-March, was selected under emergency procurement rules that negates the usual bid process.

The amount that Meds in Motion will be paid hasn’t been finalized because the contract is not done, Hudachko. He estimates the cost will be in the millions, and said about three-fourths of the cost would be covered by federal funds.

The news comes on the same day that results from a study done at U.S. veterans hospitals cast more doubt on the efficacy of the treatment. The drugs showed no benefit among 368 patients at the hospitals, and there were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported."

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
We have a bunch of states, including my own, who stockpiled the drug basically upon Trump's say-so. We are sheep.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/21/utah-buys-hydroxychloroquine-despite-doctors-warni/

"SALT LAKE CITY — Utah will buy 200,000 treatments of malaria drugs widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus despite warnings from doctors that the medications shouldn’t be used until more testing is done, state officials said Tuesday.

The state will purchase the treatments that include hydroxychloroquine from a Utah-based compounding pharmacy called Meds in Motion, said Tom Hudachko, Utah Department of Health spokesman. The company, which that has been promoting use of the drugs along with several Republican state lawmakers since mid-March, was selected under emergency procurement rules that negates the usual bid process.

IMHO the problem is that, every state and country has also plenty of Mr Burns behave-a-likes. On worst case they are making the decisions and spending money which goes to companies that enjoy good profits. So i would not blame the state-country as a whole.
Unfortunatelly, there is not a single country, where when somebody is organizing a political event, does not have a lot of followers who scream "yes, yes, yes, life is so good, the speaker should do this or that!". Life is IMHO good, if there are no real problems (war, big disaster etc) and people bother to visit an event organized by political party instead of being with a family, kids or just doing something good, useful or healthy.

Some media watch dog kept track of how many times Fox News mentioned hydroxychloroquine. It went from the mid 150's 3 weeks ago to now less than 5 as of this week. And now all the suckers are left with the bill.

But this is Trump in a nut-shell. He appeals to our baser nature. All these people who grew up in the 70's and 80's watching sit-coms need everything to be over and wrapped up and resolved in 30 minutes so they can go on with their lives. So some charlatan in a position of power starts hawking a miracle cure and everyone clings to it.

Some media watch dog kept track of how many times Fox News mentioned hydroxychloroquine. It went from the mid 150's 3 weeks ago to now less than 5 as of this week. And now all the suckers are left with the bill.

One of those times I really wish I had been wrong.

I find it hard to believe that you ever wish you are wrong.

I don't blame you. I know I post pretty aggressively and defend what I believe with more certainty than I should, much of the time. However, there are so many things that I think are4 true, and wish I were wrong about, I'd have trouble knowing where to start.

Also, every error is a chance to learn something new.

You are a tool, finding glee in the loss of life to make a point.

now do the AstroTurf protests Billionaires organized In support of trump this past weekend. You must’ve been horrified and clutching your pearls quite strongly after seeing them join together with guns and camo and without any masks. Right? Cuz loss of life is like important to you, right?

I don’t remember you trump cheerleaders caring about life when you were putting it in cages.

Last edited:
Heat and Light? How would you do that? Shine a torch inside your mouth and hope it heals you? How about heat, how do you do that? Get a blowtorch and do what with it?

Are we living in fantasy land?

And yet noone's wearing masks in these briefings.

Heat and Light? How would you do that? Shine a torch inside your mouth and hope it heals you? How about heat, how do you do that? Get a blowtorch and do what with it?

Are we living in fantasy land?

And yet noone's wearing masks in these briefings.

why not use gamma rays? Or a radioactive spider?

Regarding Hydroxychloroquine, Turkish health minister says that if it is administered early, before intubation, it greatly reduces the time spent in intensive care.

rate_of_pneumonia_cases_graph-01.png

Last edited:
Regarding Hydroxychloroquine, Turkish health minister says that if it is administered early, before intubation, greatly reduces the time spent in intensive care.

Before intubation? When's that? Before the symptoms starts to show?

No it is when you test positive but aren't in a critical situation yet.
Yeah but how long before the symptoms start to show - then you go stand in a line to get tested - then you wait for the results to come back...

By the time you get the test back, how effective is the drug?

in the United States, this makes no sense. It often takes days to get your test result back. Many are put into ventilators or die before even getting results back.
It's a terrible situation, testing should be available to all who show mild symptoms. Even if it takes a few days to get your results back, you can start the treatment, before the patient becomes severely ill.