What's new

Former Jazz players around the league

Unfortunately for us, The Wolves are playing a lot better recently. They look to be on their way to their 3rd win in a row, all against good competition.
They do look better but if you look closer at those last games: they played them all at home, both Nuggets and Clippers were on a second game of B2B (Clippers sitting Kawhi and PG) and in their game against the Blazers Dame couldn't hit a shot and Nurkic fouled out in a middle of a 4th). Next one is Rockets but we will see after.

Agreed.
And I especially dont miss defending him all the time to other jazz fans who constantly criticized him.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Yep. Considering his on/off numbers with us were absolutely bonkers he was the single most important piece in our winning seasons the past few years, but everyone would say "bUt he Can't DefEnd da periMetEr and the Rim at The saMe TimE." Or point to the bloopers like these here and go on about how he can't shoot so he sucks at everything while he wins his 3rd DPOY while leading the league in offensive efficiency.

Morons.

They do look better but if you look closer at those last games: they played them all at home, both Nuggets and Clippers were on a second game of B2B (Clippers sitting Kawhi and PG) and in their game against the Blazers Dame couldn't hit a shot and Nurkic fouled out in a middle of a 4th). Next one is Rockets but we will see after.
They got easy goings until January 25th, after which they dive into total schedule hell for their last 33(!) games.

Only 3 games against bottom 6 teams after that (1 vs Hornets, 1 vs Magic, 1 @Spurs) and like 22 of their last 33 are against teams with winning records.

Yeah he has been a very solid supporting player (along with Simmons) enabling KD and Kyrie to carry them to those 12 consecutive wins, but this time he was bad.
Royce has been way better than solid. He's been fantastic in his role. Was an absolute steal for the Nets to get him with a late first. Perfect fit for their roster.

He was traded to the Rockets in the offseason and they waived him right before the season started.
Why didn’t we offer him the MLE? Did I miss where DL got traded? I was assured he was still part of the process, and that he was still “100% personally invested in the future success of the Jazz.”

The strategy of “make you a consultant” is the executive version of the TPE. You trade your guy and assuage everyone’s fears about how “oh now we have a TPE we can use,” and all the media push the TPE value in all discussions, only to never mention it at all the next year when it quietly expires.

“Oh yes Dennis is getting promoted.”
“Dennis? Who’s Dennis?”

Why didn’t we offer him the MLE? Did I miss where DL got traded? I was assured he was still part of the process, and that he was still “100% personally invested in the future success of the Jazz.”

The strategy of “make you a consultant” is the executive version of the TPE. You trade your guy and assuage everyone’s fears about how “oh now we have a TPE we can use,” and all the media push the TPE value in all discussions, only to never mention it at all the next year when it quietly expires.

“Oh yes Dennis is getting promoted.”
“Dennis? Who’s Dennis?”
He may be washed, but will still provide the Jazz more than Dok and Gay.

Such a joy watching Joltin Joe Ingles orchestrate (a big part of anyway) erasing the Knicks 17 point lead for the win Monday night. Obviously a big part of what they’re doing over there and coach trusted him enough to keep him In during the stretch run. He finished with 17 points. 3 boards and 5 assists with a +14 in 28 minutes.

He said he’d come back better than ever and Coach Bud and the franchise were smart enough to believe him. Color me favorably surprised and impressed!

Such a joy watching Joltin Joe Ingles orchestrate (a big part of anyway) erasing the Knicks 17 point lead for the win Monday night. Obviously a big part of what they’re doing over there and coach trusted him enough to keep him In during the stretch run. He finished with 17 points. 3 boards and 5 assists with a +14 in 28 minutes.

He said he’d come back better than ever and Coach Bud and the franchise were smart enough to believe him. Color me favorably surprised and impressed!
Bittersweet for sure. I would love Joe on this team. He's exactly the kind of player we need. Provide stability and that vet presence and a little smart *** edge we are missing.