What's new

GAME 1(!): Your UTAH JAZZ hosting OKLAHOBOS -- Wednesday Oct30 7pm MST -- ROOT Sports

This was the one of the most entertaining games of the Jazz I watched for a couple of years now. The Jazz looks promising, and I have faith that they have the core for a long championship run.

Yeah Hayward sucked, but I believe he is a little confused with the contract extension issues. I wasn't expecting him to be %100 anyway.
In the first half, Kanter looked lost some time. He needs to focus. I didn't liked his attitude when his name was called at the begining neither. He didn't jumped for a chest bump and looked sad in some way.
I liked Harris. If he continues to play like this, he'll be solid rotation player.
Favors is what I was expecting. I think 4/49 is a steal.
I hope Tinsley will not send bricks beyond the arc ever again. He did it twice as far as I remember.
I'm really surprised to see Gobert had such playing time. Hello? Jazz? He's a rookie! You don't give PT to rookies, remember?

Burks iz da man. He will be chucker for some games, but seeing a Jordanesque reverse lay ups is worth it. I have a mancrush on him.

So low of Matt trying to correct Boler saying it's called English.

I know that this is not going to be a popular opinion but isn't this the perfect game for the Jazz this year?

Favors looked great.
Kanter looked great.
Burks exceeded anything that he has done at any point in his NBA career.
Hayward was in foul trouble but still played a decent game.
Gobert showed that he can go up against physical players and still be a presence on the floor.
The Jazz had a chance to tie the game at the end.....................but still lost?

Does it get much better than that?

Perhaps it's unpopular, but I still want the Jazz to win. However, this is the one year where losses don't bum me out like they used to.

Burks with a James Harden like line despite not making one jumper, that's pretty impressive.

Something other I noticed about this game...I think there were a whopping 2 jumpers made that were not 3 pointers or in the paint, both made by Harris. I like that in general.

Thought Corbin did a really good job tonight. Rode that early 4th lineup as long as he could, got Burks a little rest before bringing him back in. Gordo was cold, and maybe Corbin should have brought him in earlier, and moved Burks to the 1 until Harris's inevitable foul out, but overall Corbin did a really good job putting the team in a position to win a tough game. Everyone seemed prepared, knew what was expected of them, and competed from start to finish. Nice opener.

I agree, and I hate him in general, but I have no real complaints of Corbin tonight. Perhaps he sat Burks for too long in the 4th, but he did need a bit of a rest sometime.

He also played the 2. For a sg .40 fg% is fine. If 1 more of his shots landed he would have been there. Relax a bit. It was below where he should perform but it wasn't crazy below.

When 4/13 comes out to 40% let me know. In my world it's about 31%. Which is horrid.

Hayward always starts his seasons slow. Hopefully he gets it going soon though, I don't want to wait until the season is 1/3 gone before he looks decent.
He will have better games, and I still think he will have more consistent good games.

Fun game to watch. Burks, Favors, Gobert, Kanter, and even Harris impressed for the most part. JLIII will look better as Tinsley starts to mentor him... that's why we got Tinsley right?

Hayward's Gould trouble really coat him tonite

His defense in the 4th was incredible

I think his contract has him messed up right now

I really hopebtheyvagree to terms today

Fun game to watch. Took OKC to the end and were competitive. That is all I ask of this team. Show growth, improve and don't quit. Play hard and I'll be happy even if we lose.
Hayward struggled and he really needs to attack more and shoot less.
Burks looked great and impressed me. I've been a critic but he had lots of assists last night he continues doing that and I'll be impressed more.
Favors did what I expect and hope for. Good defense and impact the game on that end. The late FT misses were disappointing but I hope that will improve as he finishes games more.
Kanter, Don't know what to think of this game for Kanter so I'll leave it for later to decide
Harris was great. Played good/great defense and contributed on the offensive end as well. I think he just might make sure that Evans again rarely see's the court.
If this team plays like they did last night I am confident that they will win more than I expected coming into the season.

The younger adapt easier.

I saw Gobert on one possession holding his arms to the air trying to escape from the ball falling inside the net. Looked both funny and miserable. I understand making a stand about a new rule to make it practical as soon as possible, but screwing the game is another thing.

This is an old rule. They finally started to enforce it.

One last thing. Though I have been and continue to be a huge critic of Corbin. I thought he was really good in this game. Taking out Burks to get rest for the final run was really smart. Holding out Hayward with the fouls till the end while letting Harris foul out was also smart. Good job Corbin.

So it is OK for you to embellish. Westbrook is not a top 10 player. He is a great player but he isn't in the top 10. Besides do we know if he will be the same player? There are times when Westbrook gets selfish which has cost the Thunder a few games. Even without Westbrook, OKC is a very good team and the Jazz have been predicted to be a bottom 5 team, so maybe just a little embellishment should be tolerated.

I agree that if Westbrook had played in the game the score would not have been as close but you have to give credit to the Jazz for fighting hard and coming back.

Westbrook was 2nd team all nba. By definition that makes him a top 10 player.

Good shot by Hayward, they didn't have timeouts but at least it was a set and open look.
Heartbreaking loss, but you can't ask for a better opener than that. OKC is a title contender and it took 40+ points and a ****load of FTs by Durant for them to win.

This.

Amazing game..... so much fun tonight, lots of minutes with the core 4 on the court and they looked real good together.

Burks showed why I have been his biggest fan...... he can do things that no one else on the jazz can do.
I was watching the game with ugli and wearing my burks jersey and he asked me why I'm such a big burks fan.
My answer: the jazz have never had a 2 guard quite like burks.
I have always wanted a player like burks on the jazz

And no don't count brewer cause he was not near quick or fast as burks and his shot was SO broken.

Burks does need to improve on his shot a bunch still but he also needs minutes with starters (like tonight) to allow him lanes to get to the hoop as well as good players to pass to when the defense collapses.

This was the first game in a long, long time (maybe ever) where we saw Burks repeatedly penetrating the paint (and splitting screens-- I lost it when I saw that) in a half-court setting. It was honestly sublime, and I really didn't see it coming.

It was awesome, because with each basket he made, you could just tell that his confidence was building. It was a bummer that he turned it over, and missed that floater-- the floater was a wide open look, that woulda brought it to within one.

Thought Corbin did a really good job tonight. Rode that early 4th lineup as long as he could, got Burks a little rest before bringing him back in. Gordo was cold, and maybe Corbin should have brought him in earlier, and moved Burks to the 1 until Harris's inevitable foul out, but overall Corbin did a really good job putting the team in a position to win a tough game. Everyone seemed prepared, knew what was expected of them, and competed from start to finish. Nice opener.

I reluctantly agree.
I thoughg corbin did a decent job with rotations tonight, though a little more kanter and a little less gobert would be nice.

I do worry what our rotations would have been like with a healthy marvin and biedrins.

Sad thing is Lucas played 37 minutes.

Holy hell
That is sad, I didn't know he played THAT much.

Me and ugli had quite a few good laughs at the expense of lucas.... he really is the tank commander

Yup.... And some of us have been on this train for a couple of years!!

Choo choo boys! All aboard!!!! Go Jazz!!!

Jazz were competitive this game and lost it due to inexperience. That is something that will be fixed this year. I was thrilled with last nights game.