What's new

Poll - Where does Kawhi Go?

Where does Kawhi go this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Kawhi doesn't go to the lakers after making them wait this long, losing out on all the other valuable free agents, he is a hero. That **** would be so funny.

Bristol Connecticut would implode and explode at the same time. Visits to psychiatrists would rise 90% in a day. Mass depression would ensue as the realization that their precious LeBron may never win another championship would set in.

I’m holding onto that the Lakers are the one team that can’t get Danny Green and are a disaster in almost every way.

Be a hero, Kawhi. Show the world how you you really are.

He is staying in Toronto.
You don't get on the Toronto team jet and fly 5 hours to Toronto, stay there for 3 days, and then tell them no thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You don't get on the Toronto team jet and fly 5 hours to Toronto, stay there for 3 days, and then tell them no thanks.

As has been stated, though, Kawhi is a weird dude.

I'm no psychiatrist but I think he's some kind of sociopath, psychopath or has like aspergers or something. The guy doesn't think or act like a normal person.

The only conclusion that makes sense is that he really hasn't decided yet. Will probably have to decide by tomorrow morning if it's the lakers so we should know soon. But this isn't Hayward pretending he hasn't decided yet so he can role out his player tribune piece. I think Kawhi really doesn't know what he wants to do, or at least didn't. I'm sure he's got to be getting close to a decision by now.

The only conclusion that makes sense is that he really hasn't decided yet. Will probably have to decide by tomorrow morning if it's the lakers so we should know soon. But this isn't Hayward pretending he hasn't decided yet so he can role out his player tribune piece. I think Kawhi really doesn't know what he wants to do, or at least didn't. I'm sure he's got to be getting close to a decision by now.
Yowsers!! I would’ve made my mind up before free agency started.

Kawhi may hold up our signings because Lakers won't complete the AD trade and then pelicans can't complete our favors trade.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

With trades becoming official tomorrow, see if the Clippers pull off a last-minute move that factors into Kawhi's decision.

Don't know what move the Clippers could possibly make.

Also, I don't understand why these teams aren't forcing the Lakers hand. The Lakers wouldn't want to lose AD.

Don't know what move the Clippers could possibly make.

Also, I don't understand why these teams aren't forcing the Lakers hand. The Lakers wouldn't want to lose AD.
S&T Patrick Beverley and JaMychal Green for Ex and Bradley. Kawhi has spent his week reading JazzFanz and he’s a believer. He told Jerry West to make it happen.

Maybe he left some bling behind. I had thought all the teams were meeting with him in San Diego. But it does mean he's at least thinking about staying,

In some ways this is like Hayward's situation. He probably does want to leave, had even planned on it; moving back to where he's from makes too much sense. But he's loved and revered in Toronto. And unlike Gordon, he's been to war and won it all. So it's likely a very hard situation for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him look at the Lakers roster and decide to kick the can down the road. Sign a 1+1 with the second year a player option. That gives him a chance to defend the title and LA a chance to improve around the fringes going into next year.

Can someone explain to me why we can’t sign Bogdanovic till Leonard decides?
The Lakers can’t complete the AD trade because they wouldn’t have enough cap space to offer a max, so they’ve delayed completing that. Because of that, our deal of sending Favors to New Orleans is on hold until that trade goes through. As such, Favors is current occupying our cap space that we’ll sign Bojan with.

Wow...and we'd have to know by tonight if the deal is going to be made, unless Derrick agrees to delay his guarantee deadline. Or the Jazz could just waive him now. Would cost a couple of late 2nd's, but Jazz could just buy into the 2nd round in those drafts if they want to. I might tell NO we're just going to waive him - or reach out to another team if there was one. Can't afford to risk losing Bojan due to Kawhi. And if Utah does guarantee Derrick and something happens with the AD deal, Jazz are stuck.

The Lakers can’t complete the AD trade because they wouldn’t have enough cap space to offer a max, so they’ve delayed completing that. Because of that, our deal of sending Favors to New Orleans is on hold until that trade goes through. As such, Favors is current occupying our cap space that we’ll sign Bojan with.
Wait. If I recall we have till the 6th to drop the contract, and if not he’s ours for a year, but if push comes to shove, we can just skip the trade and drop the contract, right?

Wow...and we'd have to know by tonight if the deal is going to be made, unless Derrick agrees to delay his guarantee deadline. Or the Jazz could just waive him now. Would cost a couple of late 2nd's, but Jazz could just buy into the 2nd round in those drafts if they want to. I might tell NO we're just going to waive him. Can't afford to risk losing Bojan due to Kawhi. And if Utah does guarantee Derrick and something happens with the AD deal, Jazz are stuck.
Not sure why he’d do that because it means that we want that flexibility so we can waive him. No incentive for him to do it.
Wait. If I recall we have till the 6th to drop the contract, and if not he’s ours for a year, but if push comes to shove, we can just skip the trade and drop the contract, right?
We could, but that’s not how we operate, nor should we, but it does make me a little nervous.