What's new

Reverse Pet Peeves

People who stop in the middle of the road at shopping malls to let fully functional, healthy people out. Same people who scream at me for driving around them.

The "not sports report" on 1280. I love it because I know FOR SURE that I can change the station without missing anything interesting. The entire afternoon show should be given the same name, if they're being honest. Listening to Gordon Monson sometimes is about as interesting as listening to my in-laws talk about the weather and the new furniture they bought.

Ozyman videos. Too damn funny.

He uses a lot of colorful language. Half of it isn't "swears" here in the U.S., but half of it still is.

So my dad fell over and broke his arm during week. Spiral fracture to his right upper arm, quite nasty. He'll probs be in hospital for a while, the nice thing is that he is a patient at my work. So i went up to see him tonight and he WAS HIGH AS ****!!!! I never seen my old man drunk let alone high as balls, it was all i could do not to laugh.

Dad; "its bizarre nothing seems real, well i know its real but it isnt. Do you know what i mean?"

Me: 'don't worry dad you're just high as ****'

Dad to the nurse 'i think im just a little high'

Was laughing for a good hour.

So my dad fell over and broke his arm during week. Spiral fracture to his right upper arm, quite nasty. He'll probs be in hospital for a while, the nice thing is that he is a patient at my work. So i went up to see him tonight and he WAS HIGH AS ****!!!! I never seen my old man drunk let alone high as balls, it was all i could do not to laugh.

Dad; "its bizarre nothing seems real, well i know its real but it isnt. Do you know what i mean?"

Me: 'don't worry dad you're just high as ****'

Dad to the nurse 'i think im just a little high'

Was laughing for a good hour.
Hope he recovers quickly. It's always weird seeing parents in an unfamiliar way.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

And you let him fall? You’re a horrible caregiver.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I pushed him... We have a national disability scheme that pays for a dude to come and pick him up and take him to the pool for exercise, anyway he tripped on the footpath outside the pool and fell. The poor little bastard that takes him swimming would have no hope of holding onto him.

God bless you. I can’t imagine doing that.

Its not that bad, they mostly look after themselves, its more about just being around in case they have a fall or need something from the shops or the chemist, picking medications from work and ****. Its not all peaches and cream, my girlfriend and my parents have never got on (shes been in and out of my life for the last 15 years), i miss having my own place, but you know we try to make it work. I still manage to work full time (I moved off night shift a couple of years ago as their health got worse, could be the best thing i ever did for my own health.) and keep an eye on my business interests, things could be a whole heap worse to be honest.

I went to the barber today for a head shave and beard trim. What a great experience. A scalp massage, heated towel, heated shaving cream, shaved with a straight razor.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app