What's new

Ricky Rubio

Defensive metrics are very flawed, but ok.

Hill and Teague have respectively played 600 and 599 games, essentially the same amount.

Hill has 22.1 DWS, Teague has 17.7

Hill has a career DBPM average of 0.4, Teague has a career average of -0.8. That means Hill rates as above average, and Teague as below average.

Hill has a career VORP of 18, Teague has a career VORP of 8.8.

Finally, Utah gave up more points/100 when Hill was on the bench, Indy gave up more points/100 when Teague was on the court.

In a game where every difference matters, I would call that significant.

[MENTION=228]green[/MENTION]

Yeah... I don't get it... we need a vet PG to make Hayward happy... he clearly wants it to be Hill... okay get Hill. If we get RR we lose out on Gordon that sucks.

If we lose Gordon I want to throw Exum and Mitchell in the fire and see what we have. If we make a trade today let us pray it is for another position of need.

If this evening culminates in landing Rubio, then I think we're a significantly worse team next year, with or without Hayward.

If this evening culminates in landing Rubio, then I think we're a significantly worse team next year, with or without Hayward.

If the Jazz get Rubio and manage to keep Hayward, then I think we *could* be better. I could see a reality where that is the case. Maybe the addition of Rubio motivates our offense to run more or something. Or the addition of Rubio makes Hayward become more of a focal point of the offense and he takes the next step.

If the Jazz get Rubio and manage to keep Hayward, then I think we *could* be better. I could see a reality where that is the case. Maybe the addition of Rubio motivates our offense to run more or something. Or the addition of Rubio makes Hayward become more of a focal point of the offense and he takes the next step.

If we get Rubio I think Hayward is gone... it feels like Hill/Hayward is a package deal.

Rubio might be a better defender than Hill... I think he's a better floor leader. Hill overall just fits better... if we are doing it to save $5M in capspace it is stupid.

The only way I'm happy with Rubio is if the Jazz hire Chip Engelland away from the Spurs, to work specifically on Rubio's shot.

The only way I'm happy with Rubio is if the Jazz hire Chip Engelland away from the Spurs, to work specifically on Rubio's shot.

So he can make that giant leap and shoot 40% next year. Awesome.

So he can make that giant leap and shoot 40% next year. Awesome.

Well, he shot 40.2% last year (and 30.6% from 3), so I'd be hoping for more like 45% FG% (and 35-36% from 3). That would put him in the middle of the pack of starting PGs, I think. And combined with his other skills would make him a really good player.

If we get Rubio I think Hayward is gone... it feels like Hill/Hayward is a package deal.

Rubio might be a better defender than Hill... I think he's a better floor leader. Hill overall just fits better... if we are doing it to save $5M in capspace it is stupid.

Yeah, I would assume that too. I would also assume if we got Rubio and Hayward stayed we would be worse (at least, if everyone on the roster stayed the same, not accounting for internal improvement outside of the Hill/Rubio change).

I still don't fully believe in the overall Jazz offensive system, so I think it could be changed to the betterment of the team.

It doesn't really make sense.

Unless...the Jazz already know Hayward is gone. They know they aren't resigning Hill for 20 mil without Hayward. Maybe Gordon told them he will probably leave and they are just preparing. I don't see how else this makes sense.

Technically we could get Rubio and Hill. And keep Hayward too. We would be paying the luxury tax. Unless we cut Diaw and move one of Favors, Burks or Johnson.

And I am pretty big Rubio fan. He might be a defensive upgrade over Hill.