What's new

Thread for responding to transphobic comments

You also called me a murderer and said I should be in jail. Made me think of internment camps or something with the sheer vileness. Thats equally disgusting. I have hurt no one. I am not anti trans neither. I am anti child mutilation and anti men stealing rights from women. I'm fully vaccinated btw. I'm protected and have little to worry about yet you call me a murderer. Drama *** bs...

And no it's not. You wished me a painful death. Nice try It's an absolutely disgusting thing for a human to say. Grotesque... I could say A LOT more about you and your dirty laundry but Ill bite my tongue.

I don't wish harm or death on anyone unlike you. I wish trans people the best as I'm actually trying to protect them from making life altering decisions before adulthood. And scientifically they do have advantages in sports. That's not hate. That's facts. I have compassion for all but I also can disagree with castrating kids and violating women's Title IX rights to fair sports.

I'll leave it at that with you
say it coward

I'm not scared of anything you could say about me

Real productive exchanges here. Thank god some posters here refute the trolls. You’re really convincing them! they’re clearly seeing the light!

Last edited:
You lie about everything.
IOW, I just told the truth about you and you don't have a rebuttal.

"She won her age group handily, beating second-place racer Lindsay Kriete by 17 minutes and third-place finisher Michelle Van Sickle by more than 30."
So, Kreite beat Van Sickle by about as much as she lost by. Does that mean you support removing Kreite from the race to preserve Van Sickle's rights?

Oh, how did Kriete feel about it?
'I could not care less if the winner was transgender - what does that matter?' she said, adding that there was no deliberate act to 'boycott' the podium.

... that could've used the trans bracket ...
What "trans bracket", and why bother? This is amatuer athletics.

I am anti child mutilation
So is averyone here.

and anti men stealing rights from women.
No one has a right to win an athletic contest. This is your excuse to express transphobia.

Real productive exchanges here. Thank god some posters here refute the trolls. You’re really convincing them! they’re clearly seeing the light!
Trolls are notoriously stubborn at sticking with a particular point of view, and at proclaiming they understand the motivations of others.

I have no expectations that refuting trolls will be productive. They just repeat the same points over and over again, not bothering to understand the responses.
Agreed. Which is why engaging with them is so pointless. I wish posters tempted to engage with trolls would take into consideration the other normal posters. Many of us would prefer to not have to sift through pages and pages of crap, where a poster fixates in refuting every line the troll makes. It creates pages and pages of worthless and repetitive dialogue that normal posters must sift through when reading through threads. It’s really tedious. It also generates the negative attention that the troll craves.

If a poster wants to engage with a troll and/or refute their pts line on line, they can do so in a private manner rather than spam the entire forum. Right?

Agreed. Which is why engaging with them is so pointless. I wish posters tempted to engage with trolls would take into consideration the other normal posters. Many of us would prefer to not have to sift through pages and pages of crap, where a poster fixates in refuting every line the troll makes. It creates pages and pages of worthless dialogue that normal posters must sift through when reading through threads. It also generates the negative attention that the troll craves.

If a poster wants to engage with a troll, they can do so in a private manner rather than spam the entire forum. Right?
Troll-troll-make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them:

Last edited:
Transphobe. You hate Trans people. I'm just going to start using your childish tactic you transphobe. You fell for an onion article. Fitting for a pathological lying troll. How embarrassing that you fell for a satire article.

Last edited:
Agreed. Which is why engaging with them is so pointless. I wish posters tempted to engage with trolls would take into consideration the other normal posters. Many of us would prefer to not have to sift through pages and pages of crap, where a poster fixates in refuting every line the troll makes. It creates pages and pages of worthless and repetitive dialogue that normal posters must sift through when reading through threads. It’s really tedious. It also generates the negative attention that the troll craves.

If a poster wants to engage with a troll and/or refute their pts line on line, they can do so in a private manner rather than spam the entire forum. Right?
I dunno, I think it can be useful to see others refute their points. The point of a public debate is not to change the mind of the person you're debating, but the spectators. I don't know that this particular debate is really educating anyone, given that everyone has probably decided where they are on this topic, and probably won't change their minds specifically based on arguments from JazzFanz, but I am, at least in theory, in favor of debates.

But in this particular case, given how many people probably (hopefully) have him blocked, we're just seeing refutations of points we can't see.

Agreed. Which is why engaging with them is so pointless.
Yet I will persistin engaging, expecting the trolls not to change at all.

That's a possibility. Another option is to devote a thread to it, with the express purpose of allowing those not interested in seeing the exchange to just bypass the thread. Even if the trolls complain about the existence of said thread, no one else has to hear it.

I dunno, I think it can be useful to see others refute their points. The point of a public debate is not to change the mind of the person you're debating, but the spectators. I don't know that this particular debate is really educating anyone, given that everyone has probably decided where they are on this topic, and probably won't change their minds specifically based on arguments from JazzFanz, but I am, at least in theory, in favor of debates.

But in this particular case, given how many people probably (hopefully) have him blocked, we're just seeing refutations of points we can't see.
certainly it can when both sides are engaged in good faith arguments. Right? As you said, “in theory” this can be helpful. But haven’t we grown wise to the game these trolls are playing?

What are we seeing at this pt? Is what we’re seeing public debate? Or is what we’re seeing spamming of threads under the facade of “correcting the trolls” line by line?

It looks to me like we have almost a symbiotic relationship where a handful of troll accounts created by one poster are purposely spamming the site with the explicit motive to illicit responses from him. It creates 2-3 pages per day of repetitive material that the rest of us must tediously sift through. Is this helpful? This is “public debate” to you?

Last edited:
So what did One Brow do to keep the debate civil? Nothing, he escalated it, right from the start. 3 times.
That wasn't the start of the discussion, nor @SteakNEggs first post in this thread. Context matters.

To be clear, the implication that trans women don't belong in women's sport relies on them not being women in some sense, which is transphobic at it's heart. It's the same attitude that makes trans women the victims of hate crimes. It's the same attitude that denies health care to trans children, and allows him to utter the like of 'Child molesters that want to call you "transphobic" to hide what they really want. I hope more and more victims of these pro-molesters start suing'.

If professional/compensatory athletic leagues (this includes those that offer scholarships as compensation) want to place restrictions on athletes based on testosterone levels or similar notions, I don't have an objection. That notion that amateur women athletes need to have their rights protected from other amateur women athletes who have a different medical history is perverse, unfair, and discriminatory, plain and simple.

I identified the level of the discourse @SteakNEggs was operating at, without the need or desire to escalate. If anything, considering the first paragraph of his first comment in this thread, I have been restrained.

certainly it can when both sides are engaged in good faith arguments. Right? As you said, “in theory” this can be helpful. But haven’t we grown wise to the game these trolls are playing?

What are we seeing at this pt? Is what we’re seeing public debate? Or is what we’re seeing spamming of threads under the facade of “correcting the trolls” line by line?

It looks to me like we have almost a symbiotic relationship where a handful of troll accounts created by one poster are purposely spamming the site with the explicit motive to illicit responses from him. It creates 2-3 pages per day of repetitive material that the rest of us must tediously sift through. Is this helpful? This is “public debate” to you?
I think One wanted to continue the discussions but try to keep it contained to a single, easily ignorable, thread. If you remember, there were multiple discussions going on in multiple unrelated threads about trans issues.

That wasn't the start of the discussion, nor @SteakNEggs first post in this thread. Context matters.
It does matter. Again it was a new discussion, him posting a tweet. He didn't tag you on it, it wasn't a response to a post you made. Context does matter. Yes, it's the same forum, yet a different news story. Context matters.

I think One wanted to continue the discussions but try to keep it contained to a single, easily ignorable, thread. If you remember, there were multiple discussions going on in multiple unrelated threads about trans issues.
But OB isn’t just engaging with trolls in this one thread, right? Nearly every General Discussion thread is flooded with a troll with multiple accounts spamming the site and OB feeds this troll with line by line rebuttals. I believe that feeding this troll degrades the quality of discussion for the entire site as this troll has zero interest in discussing in good faith subjects from Ukraine to trans issues. All he cares about is generating negative attention. He proves this on a daily basis.

Last edited:
It does matter. Again it was a new discussion, him posting a tweet. He didn't tag you on it, it wasn't a response to a post you made. Context does matter. Yes, it's the same forum, yet a different news story. Context matters.
You agree context matters, and then trying to separate this news story from the previous context of SteakNEggs posts. However, his latest post is yet another in a long line of transphobic posts, and that has to be included in the context. Even the choice of news articles used sits steeped in transphobia.

If Gameface had posted an article on the same event (he would have chosen a different source), we would have shared mutual relief at seeing this woman's acceptance. If you had posted them, I would have asked why you thought the story mattered. SteakNEggs got the response his posting merited, within the context of his position as previously stated.

You don't treat me as a blank slate every time we discuss a new topic, nor would I want you to. I'm not sure why you are expecting me to do that here.

I don't think you should bother talking to that poster. They make the same point over and over, never changing their position or interacting in a genuine way. You're just feeding them opportunities to repeat themself.