What's new

Where did Paul Millsap go?

The Jazz have only been really good this year when Big Al isn't on the court. This is undeniably true. Acknowledging this does not necessarily imply that the Jazz would be even better with Francisco and Fes getting 30 minutes per game.

Matchups matter. Big Al has been outplayed by opposing starting 5s, and it's highly likely that Fes and Francisco would be too if given the same minutes as Big Al.

It's worth posting how terrible Big Al has been in Jazz losses:

34.1 mpg
.409 fg
13.6 ppg
8.2 rpg
0.9 bpg

Dude takes games off ALL THE TIME. That's not going to do if he wants to be an essential part of a winning basketball team.

Lol I seriously doubt elson or fez would play better than big al at center. Also millsap hasn't been rocking. What did he have like 3 rebounds yesterday?Also aldridge scored a ton on him. We are winning so no one on our team is actually playing real bad. Its a group effort when we lose.

Way over your head. Go ahead and scale those numbers for however many minutes you want. They'll still show that Paul outplays opposing 4s and Big Al gets killed by opposing 5s.

How is that a comeback? Don't get how that is a defense. You also don't think big al blocks shots but hes in the top 10 at shot blocking for centers? You make no sense.

Two idiots agreeing is not evidence of intelligence.

I answered your ridiculous assertions. I'll be happy to continue this discussion when you answer mine.

Coming from someone who doesn't even say the right stats...

Not only smoking but also drinking loads of kool-aid. I have stood next to Sap, Booz, AK and Memo. Memo and AK were obviously taller than Booz - who is undersized himself and admitted he was 6'7" without shoes. Booz is taller than Sap. My guess is that Miles is close to as tall if not taller than Paul. Everyone on the planet knows Sap is undersized for an NBA PF including him and the Jazz coaches. And it does impact his game. Love his hustle but it hurts his game. Just for grins a quote below on his size. This is very old news but evidently needs repeating.

NBA Scouting Reports: Filling in the Blanks- Power Forwards (Part 1)
August 25, 2009
Overview Steadily improving young big man who had a breakout season in 08-09, establishing himself as a legit cornerstone of the Utah Jazz. Extremely undersized for a power forward at just 6-6 without shoes

From DraftExpress.com https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Paul-Millsap-299/#ixzz19SrAjWOL
https://www.draftexpress.com

Everyone is smaller without shoes. Dwight howard is only like 6 ft 10 without shoes. Also Big al being undersized is worse than millsap being undersized IMO.

Oh, okay. Seriously, pretty much the same thing. And seeing as how he's in most of our best lineups (including our #1), you're just flat out wrong.
No, I'm not. When the Jazz make 4th quarter runs with Big Al and CJ on the court, they play well, sure, but they're -56 the rest of the time with Big Al on the court. The guy is also a no show in losses.

I'd like to add, since we're using stats besides win/loss to decide whether or not players suck, that our BEST 5 man unit this year has been Williams/Miles/AK/Sap/Jefferson, outscoring teams by +66. We're definitely not bad anytime Jefferson steps on the floor. Ridiculous.
Exactly i doubt elson or fez would help us even close to that much for outscoring teams.

Lol I seriously doubt elson or fez would play better than big al at center. Also millsap hasn't been rocking. What did he have like 3 rebounds yesterday?Also aldridge scored a ton on him. We are winning so no one on our team is actually playing real bad. Its a group effort when we lose.
One game does not a season make. Big Al has been far worse than Paul Millsap in Jazz losses, regardless of what happened last night.

How is that a comeback? Don't get how that is a defense. You also don't think big al blocks shots but hes in the top 10 at shot blocking for centers? You make no sense.
I never said Big Al doesn't block shots. Also, opposing 5s get more blocks than Big Al when Big Al is on the court.

If you don't understand my extremely simple post, you should probably just shut the **** up. Seriously.

Understood. So he's definitely consistently bad, except for when he's not. But those times don't matter.
Didn't say that either. Why do you insist on lying (other than because you're a moron who has been exposed)? It matters when he's good AND when he's bad. On balance, he's been underwhelming. Sap has been much better. Is this really so hard to understand?

No, I'm not. When the Jazz make 4th quarter runs with Big Al and CJ on the court, they play well, sure, but they're -56 the rest of the time with Big Al on the court. The guy is also a no show in losses.

No way did al play worse then millsap last game. They both played horrible so you should say big al and ak and millsap and cj etc play bad when we lose because they a;ll play bad when we lose.

One game does not a season make. Big Al has been far worse than Paul Millsap in Jazz losses, regardless of what happened last night.

Actually the whole jazz team has played bad when we lose. Al plays betetr defense then millsap yet millsap scores more. So they equally are bad when we lose same with everyone else.

No way did al play worse then millsap last game. They both played horrible so you should say big al and ak and millsap and cj etc play bad when we lose because they a;ll play bad when we lose.
Paul Millsap, ON AVERAGE, plays much better than Big Al does in Jazz losses. He plays about even with Big Al in Jazz wins. You can generally count on Paul Millsap showing up to play. The same can't be said for Big Al.

The Jazz have played 31 games. They all count. I'm not going to ignore the first 30 games of the season when evaluating players' relative value to the Jazz. That would be retarded.

Didn't say that either. Why do you insist on lying (other than because you're a moron who has been exposed)? It matters when he's good AND when he's bad. On balance, he's been underwhelming. Sap has been much better. Is this really so hard to understand?

All I ever did was call you on your quote that the team is consistently bad with Big Al. I use facts and team performance, you use cherrypicked stats and insults.

You've obviously backtracked on the "consistently bad" quote many times even though you're too proud to admit it. So really, my job is done.

I never said Big Al doesn't block shots. Also, opposing 5s get more blocks than Big Al when Big Al is on the court.

If you don't understand my extremely simple post, you should probably just shut the **** up. Seriously.

Ok so big al is good at blocking shots but hes a bad player overall? Can you change your mind a few more times?Ok look at the past agmes and show me all the blocks the opposing teams get that are sooo greater than an undersized player at center? they better get more blocks then big al. Yet they don't overall. Big al blocks more than them and thats why he averages 1.8.

Ok so big al is good at blocking shots but hes a bad player overall? Can you change your mind a few more times?Ok look at the past agmes and show me all the blocks the opposing teams get that are sooo greater than an undersized player at center? they better get more blocks then big al. Yet they don't overall. Big al blocks more than them and thats why he averages 1.8.

Just to play devil's advocate for GVC, you need to realize that Ostertag was great at blocking/altering shots, but he was a bad player overall.

Paul Millsap, ON AVERAGE, plays much better than Big Al does in Jazz losses. He plays about even with Big Al in Jazz wins. You can generally count on Paul Millsap showing up to play. The same can't be said for Big Al.

The Jazz have played 31 games. They all count. I'm not going to ignore the first 30 games of the season when evaluating players' relative value to the Jazz. That would be retarded.

Are you on pot? Big al plays way better defense then millsap also scores around the same. Big al plays better than millsap in jazz wins.

Wow did i just read your post? You don't think it takes any time to get used to the jazz offense? Wow you lost all creditability with your posts.

All I ever did was call you on your quote that the team is consistently bad with Big Al.

Yeah, we've definitely been "bad" with Big Al on the floor. We're definitely winning games in the 10-12 minutes in which he's benched.
The Jazz are winning games, or at least keeping them close in spite of the starters' slow starts until the fourth quarter. If the Jazz as a team were to outscore their opponents at the rate they do with Big Al on the court, they'd be struggling to stay in the Western Conference playoff picture.

They should start all three of those guys. We'd win every game by 30.
Again, I never said that, and explained why your conclusion does not follow.

Additionally, Jazz were almost always a better team with Bozzer off the floor, yet you still sing his praises whenever you can and probably believe we were better with him.
Another lie.

Absolutely. I understand that you're judging players based on on/off court stats instead of wins and losses
One more.